- Villa Isabella is located in Ponte a Serraglio, one of the three centers of Bagni di Lucca. Villa Isabella offers you a splendid view on de river Lima.
- The piazza of Ponte a Serraglio is just 250 meters away and offers a bar with terrace, a few restaurants, small stores and a pharmacy.
- The main center of Bagni di Lucca is located at 2 km distance, offering various restaurants, hotels, supermarkets, banks, a swimming pool with thermal water, tennis courts, a small market twice a week and a variety of other stores. Here you will find the tourist information center. There are various restaurants and pizzerias in the area with tasty food and reasonable prices.
- The municipality of Bagni di Lucca covers an area of 165 km2 in the Apennine Mountains and consists of 24 medieval villages with approx. 6500 inhabitants.
- Bagni di Lucca is a historic spa center with hot thermal waters, which are famous for its healing properties. The town and thermal springs reached their height in the 19th and early 20th century when they were a favourite of Napoleon’s sister Elisa and Tsar Demidoff. In this era famous writers and poets such as Byron, Shelley, Heine, Dumas and Couperus and composers such as Puccini, Liszt, Strauss and Paganini visited Bagni di Lucca. Europe’s first casino was opened in 1837 in Ponte a Serraglio. The ‘Casino Municipale’ can still be admired in close vicinity from Villa Isabella.
- If you wish to learn more about beautiful Bagni di Lucca, be informed and inspired by Debra Kolkka’s weblog: Bella Bagni di Lucca.
- Bagni di Lucca is an ideal gateway to discover the Garfagnana region, more than once described as the undiscovered treasure of Tuscany. The Alpi Apuane with tops up to 1850 m are of great beauty. Make a day trip to the Parco Nazionale dell’Orechiella (45 km) and visit the medieval towns in Garfagnana. You will discover unspoiled nature.
- One of the highlights is the Grotta del Vento near Gallicano (30 km) where various guided tours can be taken (also in English) through marvellous caves, which were only discovered and opened for the public in the 1970’s. Don’t miss the marble quarries of Carrara, where the world famous white marble is cut from the mountains (65 km).
- The Apennine Mountains in all their beauty can be discovered near Abetone, which is a ski resort during the winter season. A number of lifts operate all year through and make the rims up to 2000 m easy accessible (40 km).
Sport and Leisure
- Tennis club Mirafiume (1.2 km) in Bagni di Lucca has three tennis courts, which can be rented by the hour. The mountain regions of Garfagnana and Abetone offer great opportunities for hiking and mountain biking.
- Paragliding can be done from various mountains, e.g. Prato Fiorito or La Rocca, near Diecimo (10 km).
- The surroundings of Bagni di Lucca offer various options for horseback riding.
- The beautifully located swimming pool in Bagni di Lucca.
- Rent a bike in Lucca and make a tour on the 16th century walls, which surround the old town of Lucca.
- Take a challenging path through the woods in Adventure Park “Selva del Buffardello” in San Romano in Garfagnana (35 km).
- The sandy beaches of Versilia can be reached within an hour (Viareggio: 55 km). The bathing establishments rent parasols and sun loungers.
- The Parco Pinnocchio in Collodi near Pescia (25 km).
- The Leonardo museum in Vinci (70 km) displays a large collection of models, reconstructed on the basis of Leonardo’s precious drawings of his technical and scientific studies.
- Enjoy the Tuscan cuisine in all its simplicity. The area offers a great number of restaurants and pizzerias with tasty food and reasonable prices.
- Take the ‘Strada del vino e dell’olio’ (the wine and oil trail) and discover small scale wine and oil producers from Montecarlo to Versilia. Please notice that the extra virgin olive oil from the Lucca region is widely recognized as the best in the world.
Sea and beach
- Within one hour drive, the sandy beaches of Versilia can be reached for an enjoyable day at the beach and the lively boulevard of Viareggio (55 km).
- Take a boat trip to discover the famous Cinque Terre. Daily trips from Viareggio.
- Via Fillungo is the oldest shopping street in Lucca and offers you a variety of traditional and new shops.
- Visit the boulevard in Viareggio during the evening and stroll along the many boutiques.
- A large collection of clothing brands can be found in Barberino Designer’s Outlet (Barberino di Mugello, north of Florence; 110 km) or The Mall (Leccio Reggello, south of Florence; 130 km).
Music and concerts
- Enjoy world famous artists performing in the Piazza Napoleone during Lucca’s Summer Festival. Please check the programme of the next Summer Festival.
- Visit one of Puccini’s operas during the Puccini Festival held each year in the open air theatre at Lago Puccini (55 km).
- Mid-August is the time to enjoy Barga’s Jazz festival (20 km).
In the area of Marlia, near Capannori (30 km), there are several 17th and 18th century villas and estates with beautiful gardens.
- Villa Reale.
- Villa Torrigiani.
- Villa Grabau.